Lee, Amy, Lilia and Kaiser












Ethiopia day 6?

I can't get my computer to send an e-mail. Hope it isn't broken. I am sending this from the guest house.


Glad to hear the kids are doing well. Tell them I miss them terribly!

Mom cried her eyes out when the van pulled away last night. Lee wasn't too happy to leave me either. The reality set in for me last night. The dark, etc. I am in AFRICA alone! Arggg! I cried myself to sleep last night, but woke up okay and happy today. It will all be okay. I can do anything right?

This morning I fell in the shower. I was trying to drown a mosquito with the shower head and slipped and fell. Almost completely out of the tub! I am okay but my lower back is sooooo sore! I will be okay!

Just left my hotel and am settled in at the Yebsabi guest house. It feels like home and everyone welcomed me when I came here. They remember me from last time and are so nice. I got my suitcase unpacked and my room organized. It feels good to finally unpack. I am on my last clean shirt so I have my laundry down to the ladies to wash. got a cup of coffee when I got here. Got a banana and some bread for a PB&J for lunch. I am trying to conserve my cash! Don't know how long I will be here. It is pretty cheap to hire a driver each day to take me to and from the Transition home to see the buddy.

I am off to see Kaiser at 1. They said since there are no staff from the agency there onthe weekend, it is better to just go after lunch. So from 1-4 today and tomorrow and then I will do 10-4 the rest of the week. I am going to try to put him in the pouch to get him used to it before I take him in it at the airport. He is so cute, and everyone calls him "Yosie." All the nannies love him, and he really loves them, too. Just smiles and laughs when they talk to him.

Tell grandma I love her. Tell her I will be home with her new grandson, soon, and try to hang on till I get there. I want to hug and love her in person.

Love you and tell everyone hi for me.
Hugs, kisses, love and smiles!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment